Over the years, the Art+Feminism community has worked on closing information gaps related to gender & the arts worldwide. So far, we have witnessed traditional edit-a-thons, collaborative zine making, panel discussions & other interesting approaches.
As we gear up to celebrate our 10-year anniversary, we are providing a “celebration fund” that enables returning organizers to produce an openly licensed resource that showcases “how you do Art+Feminism.” We want to know what Art+Feminism looks like in your community. We want to see it and we want to celebrate it!
Formats can be in any language and range from short promotional videos (like this from organizers in Taiwan), audio story, illustrations, zines, posters – anything that can be easily shared with the global community. Here are a few examples:
- Produce an animated video about what Art+Feminism means to your community
- Design a poster celebrating our tenth annual campaign
- Create an illustration or zine of the Community Care Statement
- Previous event organizer (individual, groups, and organizations), regional ambassador, network organizer, or lead co-organizer of Art+Feminism; not eligible to first time organizers/participants
- Complete application form
- Agreement to complete reflection form
- Must not have any unfulfilled requirements from past Art+Feminism event funding
Funds range on average from $300-$1500 USD with two rounds of funding. We see this as an opportunity to uplift local chapter work. Please note, this is separate from Art+Feminism Microfunding opportunities.
We can’t wait to hear all of your ideas and to help support you!
- December 13, 2022 – Application Open
- 17 Enero 2023 a 1800 UTC – Horario de oficina: Fondo de Celebración en español facilitado por Paula Domínguez Font [Registro]
- January 18, 2023 at 1800 UTC – Office House: Celebration Fund facilitated by Sadik Shahadu (in English; interpretation available) [Register]
- February 15, 2023 – First deadline
- February 28, 2023 – First round applicants notified
- 18 Abril 2023 a 1800 UTC – Horario de oficina: Fondo de Celebración en español facilitado por Paula Domínguez Font [Registro]
- April 19, 2023 at 1800 UTC – Office House: Celebration Fund facilitated by Sadik Shahadu (in English; interpretation available) [Register]
- May 15, 2023 – Second deadline
- May 31, 2023 – Second round of applicants notified