The Belkin Art Gallery - Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 2022
The Belkin invites participants of all genders and expressions to join us and help balance representational imbalances at this year’s Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon taking place:
- online from March 7-25 2022 and
- in-person from 11 am-2 pm on Thursday, 24 March 2022.
Each spring, art communities around the world converge to help correct Wikipedia’s gender biases and improve the content of under-represented persons on the tenth most visited site in the world.
We need your help creating and editing Wikipedia articles about women, LGBTQ2S+, gender non-binary, people of colour, Black and Indigenous artists, curators and organizations as well as feminist and activist art movements. We’ll provide help for beginner Wikipedians, reference materials and technical support for making your edits.
This year, you can join the Edit-a-thon remotely or come in-person for an afternoon of editing. The Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon will be collaborating with the Honouring Indigenous Writers Edit-a-thon and Centre A: Vancouver International Centre for Contemporary Asian Art to provide workshops, citation support and resources for making and editing articles on Wikipedia.
Before the Edit-a-thon, join our online how-to sessions, or drop-in for a virtual Q & A:
- Wednesday, 9 March 2022 from 12 to 1 pm: Making a Difference Editing Wikipedia, with Rie Namba and Will Engle, as part of the Honouring Indigenous Writers Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Thursday, 10 March 2022 from 1 to 2 pm: Introduction to the Wikipedia Edit-a-thon and How to Get Started with Sara Ellis and Jay Pahre
- Tuesday, 15 March 2022 from 1 to 2 pm: Citations How-to Workshop with Sara Ellis
- Wednesday, 16 March 2022 from 1 to 2 pm: Virtual Drop-In Q&A Session
Then, join us for the 2022 Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on-site at the gallery on Thursday, 24 March from 11 am to 2 pm. Tea and snacks will be provided.
To RSVP for the how-to, drop-in or on-site Edit-a-thon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can get started by signing up and joining our Wikipedia Dashboard.
Can’t make it to the events? Check out these online guides and videos or visit Art+Feminism’s website.
Together, let’s change things.
Is this your event?
In order to create events you'll need to register an account with us. Then, you'll be able to update and edit your events.Register